14.


From within a deep, dreamless and much needed sleep, Ken notes what sounds like an alarm, though an unfamiliar one. Rubbing both eyes with his fingertips before blinking them open, he hears a male voice whisper, "I'm so sorry. I like to run first thing in the morning and forgot to disable my alarm last night....when..." Jack falls silent, his cheeks already holding a full blush by the time Ken's gaze finds way to the man's handsome, bearded face. 



In response, Ken's own face suddenly feels a tad on the warm side but as Jack's lips place a light, affectionate kiss upon his, he realizes just how comfortable he truly is in Jack's company. The kiss is sweet, yet brief, and Jack lifts a hand to his own mouth. "I must have puppy breath." Ken chuckles, finding Jack's words endearing. "I don't imagine mine is much better. I'm not normally such a lush, truth be told." Ken inwardly cringes, remembering the way he had verbally purged his feelings at the meeting. Jack had driven him home and the pair had then polished off what remained of an ancient bottle of scotch which had previously been collecting dust in his study. The conversation had been delightful from what Ken could recall. They had even fired up the old turntable and taken turns choosing selections from Ken's extensive vinyl collection. It was as Crimson and Clover flooded the study's cozy, firelit interior that their slow dance had morphed into something more, the result being a trail of carelessly discarded clothing all the way to the bedroom.


Jack's eyes twinkle in the sunlight which filters through the nearby window as he reaches out to lightly trail a fingertip over the flesh of Ken's shoulder. "I think we both needed a bit of an escape, and if it took a few drinks...or ten...to find that, then so be it." Ken lifts one hand to the nape of Jack's neck and gently draws him near, puppy breath or not. "I have the morning off." Jack says, between kisses, "We could go grab breakfast...or coffee if you're not a breakfast person." Ken draws back slightly, his blue eyes showing hesitation, the act causing Jack to become suddenly flustered. "Oh, Ken...I'm such an ass. Maybe I misread the situation. I mean, if this was just a one night thing...I don't usually fall into bed with someone so soon, but how silly of me to assume..." Ken blinks and quickly shakes his head, one finger lifting to Jack's lips. "No, Jack...thats not it. I'm not the type to just leap under the sheets with someone either, its just that....well, this is all still so new to me. Being with men, I mean. What I do in private is one thing, but I'm not certain whether I'm ready to parade myself down the street with a handsome man upon my arm just yet. Is that cowardly of me?" Jack offers a soft smile and places a tender kiss upon the tip of Ken's nose. "It's not cowardly at all, Ken. Putting your true self out there for the world to see can be downright terrifying. I mean, I don't keep my sexuality a secret, but neither is it everyone's business. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, Ken. Don't let others make those decisions for you."

Ken tucks several dark strands of unruly hair behind Jack's ear and smiles. "Well if it's my decision, I vote breakfast right here...we can talk about lunch when the time comes." A wicked glint appears in Jack's eyes as he leans in and whispers, "Or perhaps dinner...your sheets are incredibly soft and I'm in no rush to leave them." Their lips meet once again and Ken finds himself in complete agreement.



Meanwhile, next door, Meadow is busy getting school lunches packed, making sure teeth have been brushed and ushering her daughters out to the car. She is not, however, too busy to take note of the unfamiliar car parked in Ken's drive. Arching a curious brow she smiles, thinking it may be only she and Penelope at tea this morning. 

Comments

Post a Comment